Programs Learning Expedition for Educators
Courage to Lead is a learning expedition for school heads and edupreneurs who would like to experience the power of experiential learning and understand what it takes to re-invent/design a school based on the principles and pedagogy of experiential education.
Courage to Teach is a learning expedition for educators seeking to lead the change in schools by creating model experiential learning classrooms.
These expeditions are designed to help school heads and educators explore and understand how to use real-life experiences as a source of teaching and learning in schools. The idea is to make education real and meaningful for children by connecting it to their immediate context and community.
The expedition helps participants explore the idea of what it takes to be an experiential learning school and develop their capacity for re-inventing schools and classrooms based on principles and pedagogy of experiential education.
The Learning outcomes of the expeditions are:
- To understand how children learn from experience and theory of experiential learning
- To understand how to design and implement the experiential curriculum and pedagogy inside the classroom/school
- To understand how to design and facilitate learning expeditions in the school.
- To understand how to build the culture of care, craftsmanship and excellence in the school
- To understand the larger purpose of school education and the role of schools in society
- To understand personal learning cycle and what does it take to be a flexible learner
- To understand how to initiate, manage and sustain change in schools and the role of a school leader
- To understand the discipline of teacher leadership i.e. how to lead the desired change in school by modeling it inside the classroom.
- To develop systems thinking habits
- To discover personal vision and create a self-development plan
The Expedition Design
Courage to Lead and Courage to Teach are 10-day learning expeditions where educators go through integrated real-life experiences for developing the required understanding and skills. Expedition consists of two modules 6 days and 4 days respectively. Both the modules are fully residential.
The modules will be supplemented and reinforced by one-on-one coaching. The purpose of one-on-one coaching sessions is to assist educators in developing a systemic plan for re-inventing their respective schools/classrooms based on the principles of experiential education.
We call for educators to lead the change by doing it...
For detailed information, please
Some of the schools that have participated so far...
- Welham Girls' School, Dehradun
- Azim Premji Foundation, Bangaluru
- The Daly School, Indore
- Akanksha Foundation, Pune and Mumbai
- Sangamitra High School, Hyderabad
- Al - Ameen Mission Academy, Kolkata
- Nisarg Batika, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Sanskriti - The Gurukul, Guwahati
- Educational Initiatives, Ahmedabad
- The Heritage School, Gurgaon and New Delhi
- Cambridge Schools, Delhi
- Manav Rachna International School, Gurgaon
- Viveka Tribal Centre of Excellence, Mysore
- Attalim Group of Schools, Mumbai
- Takshila Academy, Akbarpur, Faizabad
- Kamla Niketan Montessori School, Trichy
- Mayoor School, Ajmer
- Delhi Public School, Surat, Pune, Gurgaon,
Patna, Tapi, Guwahati & Ludhiana
Participants of Courage to lead 2012 and Courage to Teach -2012 created two resource books 'Call of the Wild' and 'Roars and Chirps' for the middle school students as part of their Jungle expedition.