A collective community initiative - Parents, Teachers and educationists come together to create SAHAAS - a center for learning. SAHAAS will be envisioned, managed and owned by the local community. It will be based on the Gandhian principles of Nai Talim:
- Teaching from the real life experiences from the local context of the child
- Using productive works as pedagogic medium of teaching and learning
- Integrating head, heart and hands in the process of learning
- Mother tongue as the medium of instruction
- Bridging the gap between school and society
- The idea of self-reliance and self-management/self-responsibility
The local community will come together in all aspects of a holistic life – work, education and development. This will lay the foundation of a trusting and interdependent community that will take charge of its education, health and farming systems leading to a self sustained living.
SAHAAS is a center of possibilities. Here each child is respected for his/her uniqueness and encouraged to pursue his/her strengths and aspirations. We aspire to nurture the child into an independent, confident, compassionate and fearless being.
Learning is a natural process and should take place in the child's surroundings while living his daily life. It should be holistic and designed to develop the mind, body, heart and soul of the child. At SAHAAS learning is designed keeping in mind the uniqueness of each child and providing each one with the necessary time and space to explore and unravel their unique potential. It is one such learning space, where one explores, experiences, experiments and embraces life to its fullest. SAHAAS develops life long learners...
Theories that guide us...
Our curriculum and pedagogy are guided and inspired by principles of Nai-Talim, Integral education and experiential learning.
- Gandhiji's principles of Nai-Talim - We use child's local context as a medium for learning and teaching. This means using productive works like farming, cattle rearing and crafts as medium of teaching and learning. The idea is to use experience as a source of learning and education as a process for social change. It is a bilingual school where both the languages are used interchangeably.
- Integral Education - Our core belief is that each child is unique and has to carve his/her own unique path in life. Hence we focus on the holistic development of a child i.e. mind, body, heart and soul. Helping a child to grow as an attentive, empathetic and compassionate being, living in harmony and oneness with the universe...
- Experiential Learning - Our experiences are the true source of learning. As the curriculum would be experiential in nature where the child would learn to observe & reflects on his experience. These experiences would help him form a theory, which he would then explore, examine and verify in real life situations. Hence learning for life through life