Courage to Lead is a learning expedition for educators and mentors who would like to experience and understand how to connect learning with the real life of a child and make the process of teaching-learning real, meaningful and challenging for children. The big idea is to develop the understanding and skills to use real life experiences as a source and pedagogic medium for teaching and learning and make the learning contextual and personalized for children. The end goal is to develop the required understanding and skills for creating Experiential Learning classrooms, schools and community spaces.
The learning expedition will help participants to understand and question their own beliefs about teaching, learning and education as a whole. It will enable them to see structures and processes that limit them as an educator/mentor and learn to find leverage for change. Courage to lead is for educators and mentors who prefer to lead the desired change in school and society by modelling it.
The Learning outcomes of the expeditions are:
- To understand how children learn from experiences
- To understand the theory of Experiential Learning
- To understand how to design learning expeditions
- To experience and understand what it takes to be an experiential educator and mentor
- To experience craftsmanship, excellence and rigour and how to develop craftsmanship and character through expeditions